Fiber Optic service may be available to you
Cascade Networks and the Clatskanie People's Utility District have partnered to bring broadband internet services to the greater Clatskanie area as part of the Columbia County Broadband Initiative project. Regular progress updates on the project will be provided as information becomes available.
Working together for the future of Columbia County
- Cascade Networks, Inc. (CNI) is the parent company of Clatskanie.com, currently providing dial-up services in the area.
- Customer Services offered by CNI will include:
• High-Speed Internet Data Services
• Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone service
• Internet Protocol Television service (IPTV)
You will receive a doorhanger once these services are available at your location.
- The Columbia County Broadband Initiative is funded by the United States Department of Agriculture’s Rural Utilities Service (RUS).
- The funding is part of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA), designed to provide broadband internet access to the unserved and underserved areas of the United States.
- The project started in January, 2012 and is scheduled to be complete by September, 2015.
- The project will build out a 110 mile hybrid network of fiber optic cable and wireless connectivity for the area shown on the cover map. Part of the project includes connecting the substations of the Clatskanie People’s Utility District to enable improved management and maintenance of these critical power assets.
- Most areas will be reached by fiber optic cable, offering all services. Some areas will only be reached by wireless connections, which will only be eligible for Data and VoIP services.
- Services will be offered as sections of the project are completed.